We understand that fostering a child or young person can be tricky at times. We offer a range of support to all our Foster Parents based on the child/young person, or the Foster Parent’s needs.
The regular support a Foster Parent receives includes;
- A management team that has many years’ experience with fostering and a sound knowledge of therapeutic reparenting.
- A dedicated, Supervising Social Worker who offers support and supervision.
- A Supervising Social Worker who has a small and protected number of allocated families.
- An Empathic Listener, who is skilled in all aspect of therapeutic reparenting.
- A dedicated child support worker who will work with all children in the household, including bio children.
- A 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year telephone contact with someone who knows you and your child or young person.
- Support at all professional meetings.
- A ‘matching’ process that involves you in the decision about who is placed with you and for how long.
- TRUE groups that are facilitated by the Attachment Therapist.
- Monthly consultation meetings with teh manager.
- Activities and participation events that include the whole family.
- A varied training programme which gives you the skills to be a professional Foster Parent.
- A weekly allowance depending on experience and training.
- Membership to Fostering Network – a professional magazine and helpline service.
- Membership to the National Association of Therapeutic Parents (NATP)