We are looking to recruit a Supervising Social Worker, to be based from home covering our South West region. True Fostering is an Independent Fostering agency working to the Therapeutic parenting model of fostering.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of fostering legislation and good practice issues and ideally be interested in or have practiced with the Therapeutic Parenting model.
- You will be actively involved in the recruiting, training and supporting of foster parents, whilst promoting and supporting the welfare of children placed with True Fostering foster parents.
- You will be required to take part in the out of hours on call service and undertake assessments.
- The successful candidate will join a growing fostering team that is committed to working to the highest standards delivering the best outcomes we can to young people..
- Have a relevant professional qualification in social work and be a registered social worker. The ideal candidate will have experience of foster care practice including supporting foster parents and the assessment of potential foster parents.
- A good knowledge of fostering regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues is essential.
- We are looking for a strong team player who is able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- As a home based social worker you will be working with a caseload in the South West region. Therefore a driving license is essential.
In return, we offer good working conditions, high levels of support, a team approach to supporting our foster parents inc child support workers and empathic listeners, with regular supervision. We also offer excellent training opportunities including specialist training in attachment, trauma, & compassion fatigue.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children, this post will require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced DBS check.