This is an exciting full time opportunity to work within our specialist therapeutic fostering agency. We are looking for a full time Supervising Social Worker to join our expanding team.We require a Social Worker to work in the Shrewsbury/Telford/Market Drayton areas. This is a home based position which offers a lot of flexibility and strong support and access to training. Our Social Workers have a limited case load of up to 12 families and form part of the specialist team around the foster families.
This role is suited to individual with an emphatic and nurturing approach who is willing to attend specialist training.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about securing better outcomes for looked after children.
Role responsibilities include:
- Recruitment, training, supervision and support of foster parents
- Undertaking Form F assessments
- Managing a low, yet complex caseload
- Panel attendance
- Contributing to the out of hours service
- Working therapeutically with foster families
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a current HCPC registration
- Have experience of Fostering Social Work
- Have a mimium of 2 years post qualifying experience.
- Have a full driving licence and have access to a car
- Be willing to learn and engage in the process if theraputic parenting