Location: East Midlands
Salary: £10 per hour
Hours: 20+ (with the view of full time)
Are you a Support Worker who has experience working with challenging behaviours and complex needs? Do you want to inspire and motivate children and young people ? If so this may be the role for you.
TRUE Fostering are currently looking for a Child Support Worker to join the therapeutic care team based across the East Midlands on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a support worker who has the ability to form a part of the therapeutic team around the child. As a child support worker you will be responsible for providing support to children and foster parents.
Reporting to the Social Worker, you will be providing high standards of person-centred care and therapeutic support to children who are fostered.
You will be expected to engage in out of school activities and support sessions to the children, which will involve supporting them with activities in their homes and the community in line with their individual therapeutic support plan.
The role will require working some evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the service and families.
Duties of a Child Support Worker:
- Direct work with Young People
- Recording and Reporting
- Contributing to therapeutic support plans and reviews of the children
- Assisting with education progress and reviews
- Transporting Young People to required appointments and contact
- Activities (social events, shopping, cinema, swimming)
- Offering guidance and support and structure to their everyday lives
- Organising and facilitating participation Events
- Working with and providing support to other family members, including biological and adopted children
You Will Be:
Qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3
- Able to demonstrate a track record of working in a care setting and have appropriate references
- An experienced Children’s Support Worker who has a proven record of working with children and young adults in a Care setting
- Happy to go the extra mile to support foster parents and looked after children
- Used to working with challenging behaviour and sometimes just knowing when to listen
- Have excellent communications skills
- Happy to work as part of a team but have the initiative to work with children on a 1-2-1 basis
- Have experience of recording and reporting systems
- Willing to travel across the East Midlands regularly
- Have a full driving licence and use of a car for work