Do you want to be part of a Trailblazing Team?
True Fostering are a truly ground-breaking, exciting organisation, inspiring others in the field of Therapeutic Fostering. If you are passionate about facilitating real change, with a team who understands trauma, and uses a Therapeutic Fostering Assessment then talk to us.
We are now recruiting Therapeutic Supervising Social Workers to work alongside our empathic listeners, children support workers and Therapeutic Foster Parents.
Area: South West, with further regions developing though expansion.
Contact Gareth Griffiths (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mob: 07376 039 777 for an informal chat.
Full Job Description
Title: Therapeutic Supervising Social Worker
Reports to: Registered Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs per week
To make this role work, you will most likely live somewhere in or near Britol or surrounding counties . However, virtual ways of working are now part of an integrated support model and discussion around how this works is welcomed.
To contribute to the development of the Company’s fostering service by assessing applicants to become foster parents, supervising and supporting approved foster parents.
The post holder must have a working knowledge of PACE and therapeutic parenting techniques and theory, but full Therapeutic Parenting training will be provided. This is essential in the support and training offered to our foster parents.
The post-holder will be primarily responsible for assessing and supporting foster parents in Shropshire/Telford areas There will be times when out of hours service support will be required for foster parents in the agency.
Development of the service will involve recruitment, training and approval of foster parents. You will also have involvement in the marketing of the service.
The post will be home based, with a requirement to visit the Dursley office as required. The post holder must have their own vehicle, insured for business use and a willingness to travel is essential. Dual Registration is also required (we will fund registration with CIW) Flexible working hours are essential to the role. This may include some weekend work and unsocial hours to support foster parents, foster parent training, and children and young people.
We are looking for an enthusiastic staff member who will demonstrate their ability and commitment to developing and supporting this service; ensuring high standards, quality support to foster parents and to the purchasers of our service. To ensure the company’s commitment to the safeguarding of children and young people is upheld, any areas of concern must be reported immediately to safeguarding lead for the Agency.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The recruitment and assessment of potential foster parents using the Therapeutic Fostering Assessment (TFA). This may also include attendance at various recruitment campaigns the company deliver.
- Preparation of reports for various forums.
- Presentations of assessments to Fostering Panel.
- Participation in and delivery of training sessions for foster parents.
- Supervision of a caseload of up to 12 foster families.
- Support for children placed with foster parents.
- Participation in staff training delivered by the company, or external trainers.
- Attendance at team meetings.
- Preparation for and attendance at planning meetings, Children Looked After meetings and other professional forums.
- Preparation for and attendance at matching meetings with other professional agencies.
- Representing the agency in a range of situations such as training events and various professional gatherings.
- Attending and contributing to your supervision and appraisal process.
- Contributing to the development of a positive and productive working partnership with colleagues from other sectors of the company that will enhance the service provided to and from foster parents.
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of effective communication systems within the fostering service and between that service and other agencies within the Centre of Excellence for Child Trauma as appropriate.
- To maintain all records in accordance with company policy, regulations and statutory requirements.
- To maintain and respect the need for absolute confidentiality in relation to the performance of all duties and the information that you glean there from.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the exigencies of the service or as instructed by your line manager.
- To work in a safe way not putting your own, a child’s or another member of staff’s health or safety at work at risk.
- To inform your line manager as soon as possible of any intended absence from work due to sickness, or for any other reason.
- To declare all other work (paid or voluntary) or activity that may compromise your ability to properly carry out your duties with True Fostering or lead to a conflict of interest.
Job Types: Full time fixed contract
Full-time hours: 37.5 hrs